Human skin contains 12% Squalene, which is its principal lipid, natural emollient, moisturiser and skin anti-oxidant.
Squalene oxygenates skin cells by accelerating new cell growth, therefore also being effective in healing old and new scar tissue.
Squalene is also a naturally occurring substance found in olives. It is bio-compatible with the skin and has a similar molecular structure to the Squalene secreted by the skin's oil glands.
Squalene is the natural alternative to mineral oils (petrochemicals). Mineral oils do not allow the skin to breathe and function naturally. They have an equivalent effect of placing glad wrap over your skin.
Squalene is a vital ingredient that our skin needs daily,
The Botani Difference
Botani products contani Squalene derived from organic olives. This allows the skin to breathe and function naturally, resulting in optimum skin health and natural beauty, however it is a vital ingredient that our skin needs on a daily basis.
As we age, the Squalene our skin holds declines, consequently causing dehydration, sensitivity and ageing. Botani products help to replenish the Squalene in our skin, naturally.
Unique skin benefits:
- locks moisture into the skin
- retains moisture in the skin
- hydrates the skin
- revitalises and strengthens skin tissue
- combats dryness and flaky skin
- ideal for eczema and psoriasis
- imparts a satin, non-greasy feel to the skin
- protects the skin from harsh environmental elements
- heals scars
- soothing, calming on the skin
- restores harmony to the skin
- protects from environmental damage